Call A1A Moving (972) 330-2990

Moving Insurance Gives You Peace Of Mind

Mover’s Liability

All licensed movers in Texas have a basic liability of $0.60 per pound, per article. For example, if your 50 pound television is damaged during your move, your mover, A1AMoving is liable for a maximum of $30.00 (50 lbs. X 0.60 = $30.00). While A1AMoving cannot reduce the amount of liability below $0.60 per pound, per article; they can agree to a higher amount of liability which must be agreed upon in writing by both parties and which may come at an additional cost to you. Remember, this is not insurance. Typically this amount is not sufficient to cover replacement cost. It is a simple payout amount set by the State of Texas. Also be advised that A1AMoving is not responsible for the internal electronics of your articles during the move. In addition A1AMoving carries General Liability insurance and Cargo insurance as required to operate as a transportation business.

Transit Insurance

A1AMoving suggests that you consider purchasing a transit insurance policy from since we are not licensed to sell insurance. offers a wide range of reasonably priced options for you to select from including full replacement coverage and the process is very convenient. When you visit the website, click on the “Did you know?” section in the upper right corner for a very good explanation. You can also check out their FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) section found in the column on the left side for more information. .
Another insurance option is to contact your own insurance provider to see if you can purchase a onetime binder to cover your household goods during your move.

Some movers may offer to sell you a transit insurance policy, which helps cover loss or damage to your items, or you may wish to purchase transit insurance separately. Whoever you purchase insurance from they are required to provide you with a copy of the policy and/or any other appropriate evidence of insurance purchased through them. Transit insurance is not regulated by the TxDMV or the Texas Department of Insurance so be sure to read the transit insurance policy carefully and understand the coverage and any deductibles.

Self Pack vs. Professional Packing

Having A1AMoving pack your articles is the best way for you to be protected should any damage occur during your move. If you pack any articles yourself, you are responsible for the contents of the self-packed boxes that we move for you. This is a consideration for breakable or valuable items such as dishes, collectibles, and jewelry. If you do elect to pack your own articles we suggest you consider purchasing insurance coverage for these articles.

Moving Insurance Corsicana Ennis Waxahachie Texas

A1AMoving Suggests


Comments are closed.